Evers Road Christian Church
(ERCC) strives to conduct its life in accordance with the pattern and spirit of the New Testament. We believe the scriptures to be inspired by God and adequate to rule upon the faith and practices of all God’s people.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the unique Son of God to whom every person must commit his or her life in order to receive eternal life. Having received his promise of the Holy Spirit, who guides into truth, our worship and service are conducted with the intent of pleasing Christ and God the Father. All who so acknowledge Christ are our brothers and sisters in faith.
This congregation is not part of a denomination. We are totally free as an independent body of “Christians only.” In keeping with the New Testament example, our affairs are directed by appointed elders and deacons, with the understanding that all Christians are ministers of God, with equal claim to us their life in service to the Lord.
Members in our congregation rests upon terms laid down in the New Testament for one to become a Christian. Those terms are:
Believe – Acts 16:31
Repent – Acts 2:38
Confess – Romans 10:10
Be immersed – Acts 2:38
The Evers Road Christian Church is a place where:
If this is the kind of church you would want to be a part of, join us this Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
- ** The unchurched and religiously disconnected population in our community are welcomed with grace, love and encouragement as they attempt to figure out who God is, what his plan for their life is and how he desires to be involved in their life.
- **Each person is intentionally challenged to spiritual growth and development in a loving and encouraging environment.
- ** Those who are a part of our church family will be intentionally cared for spiritually, emotionally and physically where necessary.
- ** Ministry to families and their children will be an essential focus of ERCC’s efforts as we strive to build within our church family strong marriages, parent-child relationships and families who love God.
- ** Racial, ethnic and cultural diversity will always be encouraged and celebrated.
- ** Members of our family will continually be provided with opportunities to serve the needy and under-resourced.
Or, if you’d like to meet with our senior minister,
Mark Wright, call the church office at (210) 684-2043 to set up an appointment.