If you missed the February issue of the ERCC newsletter, you can view it HERE
Note: The last 12 issues are always available in the Newsletter Archive (Left side of Home Page)
The annual ERCC Chili Cookoff will take place on Sunday, January 26th, at 6:00 pm. Cost to enter the contest is free! Cost to eat the chili is free! Cost to vote for your favorite Chili(s) is just 25 cents per vote, and you can buy as many votes as you want (even for your own chili 🙂
Vote money will support youth trips, such as the Christ in Youth conventions, in 2020.
If you ‘d like to compete for the Best Chili in ERCC, you can signup on the clipboard in the church foyer.
Let’s get a big crowd of chili connoisseurs together to enjoy some traditional, hot, and/or unusual chili and support our youth!
Elilo Patton is one of the missionaries we support. Information about this mission can be found our website under the “Missions” tab.
Here is a recent letter from her:
Evers Road Christian Church
ERCC Men will have a Fellowship Meeting on:
Friday, January 24th
at 7:00 pm
in the Fellowship Hall
This is a Potluck Dinner, which means attendees bring the food!
The food theme is Mexican
Questions? Send to: Men@EversRoadChristianChurch.org
Join us at 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve (Sunday) for a beautiful Candlelight Service in the ERCC auditorium. It will end by 7:00 pm.
12:00 pm on December 8th (Sunday @ noon)
At the home of Sylvia Rodriguez
– Small wrapped gift
– Covered dish
Questions? Ask Sylvia at: LadiesTea@EversRoadChristianChurch.Org
ERCC is participating in “Operation Christmas Child” which is sponsored by the international relief fund Samaritan’s Purse. To make the local dropoff date, we need your shoe boxes, wrapped and filled with toys dropped off in the ERCC foyer not later than:
Sunday Morning, November 24th
You can use a regular shoe box, a plastic box, or one of the free red & green plastic boxes we have available for you in the foyer. If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE).
How to Pack a Shoebox
Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
Boy or Girl
Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
Fill With Gifts
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions).
Include $9 Donation Per Box
Help cover shipping and other costs related to delivering your shoeboxes to children overseas by donating $9 for each gift you prepare. You can give online to discover the destination of your box! Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation.
Note: “Follow Your Box” is only available through online giving.
Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and bring it to ERCC not-later-than Sunday Morning, November 24th.
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE). Merry Christmas!
Evers Road Christian Church
Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
Sunday, November 17th, 2019
Please join us in the ERCC Fellowship Hall as we gather together to celebrate and give thanks for all God has given us!
Questions? Ask at: Thanksgiving@EversRoadChristianChurch.org