Join us at 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve (Sunday) for a beautiful Candlelight Service in the ERCC auditorium. It will end by 7:00 pm.
12:00 pm on December 8th (Sunday @ noon)
At the home of Sylvia Rodriguez
– Small wrapped gift
– Covered dish
Questions? Ask Sylvia at: LadiesTea@EversRoadChristianChurch.Org
If you missed the December issue of the ERCC newsletter, you can view it HERE
Note: The last 12 issues are always available in the Newsletter Archive (Left side of Home Page)
ERCC is participating in “Operation Christmas Child” which is sponsored by the international relief fund Samaritan’s Purse. To make the local dropoff date, we need your shoe boxes, wrapped and filled with toys dropped off in the ERCC foyer not later than:
Sunday Morning, November 24th
You can use a regular shoe box, a plastic box, or one of the free red & green plastic boxes we have available for you in the foyer. If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE).
How to Pack a Shoebox
Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
Boy or Girl
Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
Fill With Gifts
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions).
Include $9 Donation Per Box
Help cover shipping and other costs related to delivering your shoeboxes to children overseas by donating $9 for each gift you prepare. You can give online to discover the destination of your box! Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation.
Note: “Follow Your Box” is only available through online giving.
Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and bring it to ERCC not-later-than Sunday Morning, November 24th.
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE). Merry Christmas!
Evers Road Christian Church
Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
Sunday, November 17th, 2019
Please join us in the ERCC Fellowship Hall as we gather together to celebrate and give thanks for all God has given us!
Questions? Ask at: Thanksgiving@EversRoadChristianChurch.org
9:00 am on Saturday, October 19th
We need your help to Clean-up the church grounds and the buildings on Saturday, Oct 19th at 9:00 am. We especially need windows washed and inside the buildings deep cleaned. The yard needs work too. There is a job for everyone who comes to help!
Bring whatever cleaning supplies you want to use and yard tools you want to work with. Lunch will be provided. We only have major clean-up days twice per year, so we really need your help!
Talk to Dan Walton if you have questions.
On Friday, August 23, at 7:00 pm we will have a “game night” in the fellowship hall. Bring a card game or board game and a snack to share.
Our game nights have been known to be a lot of fun! We only have these events twice per year. They are simply an opportunity to have some fun and get to know your ERCC friends better in a VERY relaxed environment.
Everyone is welcome to participate (or just watch)!
Join us on September 8th for the kickoff of another Sunday “School Year”. We have classes for people of ALL ages! We will also be advancing our youth groups to their new age groups.
If you are not in a Sunday School Class, this would be a great time to join one!
*** Check out our classes HERE ****
Kick-Off Schedule For September 8th:
8:45 am: Breakfast Tacos, Muffins, etc in the Fellowship Hall
9:00 am: Sunday School classes begin