“Good News Productions” is a Christian Outreach Program that has been supported by our church. Our missions team leader, Jenny Deptuch, has arranged for one of their representatives, Matt Brock, to update us on their mission during the January 7th Sunday morning service.
After church, he will join us in the fellowship hall for a Church-Wide potluck luncheon. The food theme for this first 2018 potluck meal is “Italian” (but we’ll eat whatever shows up
You can signup for the potluck luncheon on the clipboard in the foyer or reply to this email.
Please plan to join us Sunday, January 7th for this event that is sure to be an informative and inspirational!
Join us at 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve (Sunday) for a beautiful Candlelight Service in the ERCC auditorium. It will end by 7:00 pm.
ERCC is participating in “Operation Christmas Child” which is sponsored by the international relief fund Samaritan’s Purse.
To make the local dropoff date, we need your shoe boxes, wrapped and filled with toys dropped off in the ERCC foyer by:
Sunday Morning, November 19th
You can use a regular shoe box, a plastic box, or one of the free plastic or printed boxes we have available for you in the foyer. If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE). Merry Christmas!
How to Pack a Shoebox
Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
Boy or Girl
Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
Fill With Gifts
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions).
Include $9 Donation Per Box
Help cover shipping and other costs related to delivering your shoeboxes to children overseas by donating $9 for each gift you prepare. You can give online to discover the destination of your box! Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation. Note: “Follow Your Box” is only available through online giving.
Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and bring it to ERCC not-later-than Sunday Morning, November 19th.
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Evers Road Christian Church
Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Please join us in the ERCC Fellowship Hall as we gather together to celebrate and give thanks for all God has given us!
Questions? Ask at: Thanksgiving@EversRoadChristianChurch.org
12:00 pm on December 10th (Sunday @ noon)
At the home of Sylvia Rodriguez
- Small wrapped gift
- Covered dish
- Canned food donation for the food pantry
Questions? Ask Sylvia at: LadiesTea@EversRoadChristianChurch.Org
The 2017 ERCC Christmas play will be presented Sunday, December 10th at 6:00 pm. Light refreshments will be served afterward.
ERCC Christmas productions are always a fun, a little different, but very memorable with a great message so you won’t want to miss it!
Join us on December 20th at 6:45 pm for some Christmas Caroling!
We’ll car pool to the homes of some folks who aren’t able to get out much and bring some Christmas spirit to them before returning to the church for some refreshments.
Daylight Savings Time (DST) ends on November 5, 2017!
So don’t forget to move your clocks BACKWARD one hour Saturday night, November 4th, before you go to bed (or get up at 2:00 am on Sunday to change them : -)
Otherwise, you will get to church REALLY early Sunday morning!
Evers Road Christian Church
ERCC Men will have a Fellowship Meeting on:
Friday, October 6th
at 7:00 pm
in the Fellowship Hall
This is a Potluck Dinner, which means attendees bring the food!
The food theme is Mexican
Questions? Send to: Men@EversRoadChristianChurch.org