Although we haven’t seen her at ERCC for a long time due to severe health problems, Juanita Asher was a long time member of our congregation and now she has gone to be with the Lord.
Here are the details about her funeral arrangements:
Thursday, August 18th
- 6 pm – 8 pm Viewing at Castillo Funeral Home
- 7:30 pm Memorial Service
Friday, August 19th
- 9:00 am Funeral Service at Castillo Funeral Home
- 10:00 am Departing for San Fernando Cemetery
Directions to Castillo Funeral Home, 520 N. General McMullen Dr, 78228
Directions to San Fernando Cemetery III, 1735 Cupples Road 78226
Here’s the Elilo’s latest news on the Nagaland Orphanage we help support:
Sunday Evening Bible Study
The Truth Project
An In-Depth Christian Worldview Experience
Starting January 23rd, we will meet in the fellowship hall each Sunday at 6 pm. The theme is “The Truth Project,” a production of Focus on the Family. Each Sunday evening, we will watch one of these transformational videos, and then have our own discussion of the material.
The following is an excerpt from the webpage of Focus on the Family:
- “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. The Truth Project is a ground-breaking small group curriculum on the Biblical worldview. This video-based home Bible study is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Join Dr. Del Tackett, as he takes you through 13 engaging video lessons on the relevance and importance of living the Biblical worldview in daily life, featuring insights from biblical experts like R.C. Sproul, Os Guinness and Gordon Pennington.”
JOIN US ON SUNDAY’S AT 6:00 PM
Join us at 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve (Thursday) for a Candlelight Service in the ERCC auditorium. Phillip Walton will officiate. The service will end by 7:00 pm.
ERCC is participating in “Operation Christmas Child” which is sponsored by the international relief fund Samaritan’s Purse. To make the local dropoff date, we need your shoe boxes, wrapped and filled with toys dropped off in the ERCC lobby not later than: Sunday Morning, November 21st
You can use a regular shoe box, a plastic box, or one of the free red & green plastic boxes located in the church lobby. If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE).
How to Pack a Shoebox
Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
Boy or Girl
Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
Fill With Gifts
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions).
Include $9 Donation Per Box
Help cover shipping and other costs related to delivering your shoeboxes to children overseas by donating $9 for each gift you prepare. You can give online to discover the destination of your box! Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation.
Note: “Follow Your Box” is only available through online giving.
Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and bring it to ERCC not-later-than Sunday Morning, November 21st.
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE). Merry Christmas!
Benjamin Olivares has a new baby sister! Bailey Olivia Olivares, weighing 8 pounds and 7 ounces was born on November 15th to our Youth Minister Derrick and his wife Evelyn. Everyone is doing fine and should be home with the baby in a few days.
We’re celebrating by having a “virtual baby shower” for the family by providing them with gift cards for Walmart or Amazon to help with diapers and other necessities. The gift cards will be presented on Sunday, December 5th during the 10 am worship service. If you’d like to donate a gift card, provide it to Linda or Mark Wright before then.
Congratulations Derrick, Evelyn, Benjamin, and Bailey!