Join us on December 19th at 6:45 pm for some Christmas Caroling!
We’ll car pool to the homes of some folks who aren’t able to get out much and bring some Christmas spirit to them before returning to the church for some refreshments.
12:00 pm on December 9th (Sunday @ noon)
At the home of Sylvia Rodriguez
– Small wrapped gift
– Covered dish
– Canned food donation for the food pantry
Questions? Ask Sylvia at: LadiesTea@EversRoadChristianChurch.Org
The 2018 ERCC Christmas play will be presented Sunday, December 9th at 6:00 pm. Light refreshments will be served afterward.
ERCC Christmas productions are always a fun, a little different, but very memorable with a great message so you won’t want to miss it!
Join us at 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve (Sunday) for a beautiful Candlelight Service in the ERCC auditorium. It will end by 7:00 pm.
Evers Road Christian Church
Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
Sunday, November 18th, 2018
Please join us in the ERCC Fellowship Hall as we gather together to celebrate and give thanks for all God has given us!
Questions? Ask at: Thanksgiving@EversRoadChristianChurch.org
ERCC is participating in “Operation Christmas Child” which is sponsored by the international relief fund Samaritan’s Purse.
To make the local dropoff date, we need your shoe boxes, wrapped and filled with toys dropped off in the ERCC foyer by:
Sunday Morning, November 18th
You can use a regular shoe box, a plastic box, or one of the free plastic or printed boxes we have available for you in the foyer. If you have any questions, contact Wendy Gideon (email her HERE). Merry Christmas!
How to Pack a Shoebox
Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
Boy or Girl
Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box.
Fill With Gifts
Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions).
Include $9 Donation Per Box
Help cover shipping and other costs related to delivering your shoeboxes to children overseas by donating $9 for each gift you prepare. You can give online to discover the destination of your box! Or, you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox. If you are preparing multiple gifts, please make one combined donation. Note: “Follow Your Box” is only available through online giving.
Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and bring it to ERCC not-later-than Sunday Morning, November 18th.
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Dear ERCC Family,
Lori Sherry went to be with the Lord on Friday morning, April 27, 2018.
Visitation will be at Sunset Funeral Home on Thursday, May 3rd from 6:00-9:00 pm:
Sunset Funeral Home
1701 Austin Highway
San Antonio, Texas 78218
Her memorial service will be at Evers Road Christian Church (ERCC) on Friday, May 4th at 2:00 pm. A potluck meal provided by attendees will be shared in the ERCC fellowship hall after the memorial service.
Wear something PINK in honor of Lori.
It was her favorite color!